Friday, August 08, 2008

What is it about these people?

First it was John McCain offering up his wife, Cindy, for a "beauty" contest that turned out to be "essentially a topless beauty pageant. And occasionally bottomless, too." Now, Gov. Tim Pawlenty, (R. MN), formerly known as The Man Who Vetoed Money That Would Have Repaired the I-35 Bridge Before it Collapsed, and now a top contender to be McC's VP nominee, is described this way in the NY Times:
As is his way, Gov. Tim Pawlenty made a self-deprecating aside on a local radio show this spring during the ceremonial start of the state’s beloved fishing season. He praised his wife’s willingness to fish with him and to watch hockey games, then added, “And I jokingly say, ‘Now, if I could only get her to have sex with me.’ ”
Self-deprecating is one way to describe it. I call it creepy.

What is it about these people? I mean, I never really believed that they were the party of values, but at least a little taste would be nice.

No comments: