Monday, November 06, 2006

Bugging Out

I've had it. I'm up to here with polls and predictions. I'm not going to read the blogs or the analyses of tomorrow's vote--instant analysis and querulous criticism is making my blood pressure do bad things. (One advantage of having a blog, rather than being a "serious" journalist, is that I can do this.)

So, I won't be out here until tomorrow--I do expect to have something on election day.

One thing before I go: If you're reading this before the polls close on Tuesday, you still have time to go to MoveOn.org and sign up to make calls to voters. I spent a few hours doing so over the weekend. It's not the most fun you'll ever have, but it will give you the satisfaction of doing something instead of just sitting on the sidelines sniping, as we bloggers do.

And remember: Democracy is the worst form of government except for every other form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know as well as I do: POST-election instant analysis is even better than PRE-election instant analysis. My advice: wait until one week AFTER the election...that's when I'm giving up these political blogs and news analysis sites once and for all! LF

The Old New Englander said...

But the 2008 campaign starts on November 8th! (See tomorrow's post)