Thursday, July 05, 2007

A glorious fourth

I hope yours was, at any rate. Your editor spent his working under an 18-foot Concordia Sloop Boat named Defiant, putting seam compound (what a landsman would call caulking) into her seams. This is what I call a day well spent, if not exactly enjoyable; the seam compound is just as messy as you might imagine.

Defiant
has been out of the water undergoing partial restoration for the past couple of years. Now it's time to fix her up and sell her, the editor having acquired the lovely Rozinante in the interim. Here's a photo of Defiant in her element, before restoration:

1 comment:

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper said...

Leanderthal here,

My four sons and I raced our Pearson 26 OD for many years.

They mutinied one day, saying that if I didn't stop being Capt
Bly they would quit.

I gave each of them jobs, and kept boat driver for myself. We had more fun and actually got a few third place trophies.

I've got some good stories about sailing. Later

Leanderthal
Lighthouse Keeper