Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Further Thoughts on the Visit of President Hu

From Beijing:

President Hu is in Washington.
Oh, is he going to see Mr. Bush?
No, but he saw Bill Gates.
Impressive, but he's in Washington and he's not seeing President Bush?
No, Bush isn't there.
The President is in Washington but Bush isn't there? Isn't that a snub?
Oh, President Hu will see Mr. Bush when he visits Washington later in the week.
Bush visits Washington? I heard he took a lot of vacations, but I didn't think he only visited Washington.
No, when President Hu visits Washington later in the week.
But I thought you said he's already in Washington.
He is.
Then how can he go to Washington later in the week?
He'll fly, of course. Probably on a plane made by Boeing, which will make the Americans proud.
But if he's in Washington, how can he go to Washington?
I just told you.
I give up.

(It may lose something in the translation from Chinese.)

No comments: