Sunday, October 19, 2008

Powell endorses Obama

I'm not sure how much it will help, but it certainly can't hurt that Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama on Meet the Press this morning. I happened to be watching, courtesy of a crick in my back that came when I reached into the back of the car for a roll of duct tape yesterday. I was very impressed, not with the fact of the endorsement, but the way Powell expressed himself. In particular, Powell not only criticized and rebutted the slur that Obama is a Muslim, but went on to say what too many of us have omitted: "and what difference should it make if he were?" Powell's appearance did a lot to restore the respect that he forfeited (in my estimation) as W's Secretary of State. Take a look:

2 comments:

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper said...

I use duct tape on my 1996 Subaru too. It's also good for wrapping a bad back.

Predictably the right wingnuts are claiming racism as the basis for Powell's endorsement. So many sicko's out there.

Josh Marshall's cautions are well taken. The next two weeks are likely to be an appropriate prelude to Halloween.

The Old New Englander said...

Gee, I never thought of using the duct tape on my back!