Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Reflections

I know that in a few months we'll be looking back fondly upon summer as we grit our teeth to face a long New England winter, but today I contemplate a solid week of heat, humidity and daily thunder storms (at least according to the meteorologists). Sheesh! Had I wanted this, I would have lived in Florida, Georgia or South Carolina.

I try to maintain perspective by asking myself whether I'd really like to live somewhere where there is no real winter. The answer, so far at least, is 'no.' Of course, with the advance of global warming, I might achieve that without moving.

1 comment:

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper said...

Count your blessings. I lived in Atlanta, or rather survived in Atlanta, for 26 years, where the heat and humidity and storms of summer started in May, with no break until October.

You can move to the Cape and have it nearly 10 degrees cooler than Boston.