Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Loathsome Behavior

I got an email from Howard Dean today. Naturally, he was seeking money for the Democratic Party. (I get about one a day from him or Sen. Kerry; sometimes I hear from both of them in the same day.) But I digress....

Dean points out that Sen. Wayne Allard has been attacking his colleague, Sen. Russell Feinberg, by alleging that Feinberg has been siding with terrorists. Even for Republicans, that's pretty low, especially for one senator to say about another. Indeed, I was moved to send Sen. Allard an email telling him how I felt. I suggest that you do the same. It's easy: just go to www.senate.gov and enter Allard's name or just look for Senators from Colorado. It takes just a minute or two, and it's a great way to relieve some tension or anger!

You will also be striking a blow for civility in public discourse. If we want a return to some level of respect for others and a retreat from demogoguery, we should take every opportunity to speak up for civility.

No comments: