Thursday, April 01, 2010

President Hu is coming to Washington

Chinese President Hu Jintao will attend a summit conference on nuclear security later this month. Which, inevitably--given a sophomoric sense of humor--inspired the following (with obeisances to Bud Abbott and Lou Costello):

President Hu is coming to Washington!

Who did you say?

Yes.

Who?

That's right!

What?

I just told you, President Hu is coming.

He is?

Yes.

Who is he?

Yes, that's it.

Ok, let's try it this way. What is he president of?

China.

Who is?

you've got it. He is!

That's what I'm trying to find out. Who is he?

He's the President.

Who is?

Haven't you been listening to me?

Yes. And I'm still waiting for you to tell me who is the President of China.

I've BEEN telling you that.

1 comment:

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper said...

Dear Fellow Sophomore.

Good one.

And it's all about what? That's right. What's right? Yup.